[OpenSER-Users] no-answer timeout

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Feb 25 18:58:24 CET 2008

El Monday 25 February 2008 18:50:45 Anatoly Pidruchny escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > A UAC or proxy shouldn't generate a CANCEL if it hasn't receive a 100
> > Trying. fr_timer is the time OpenSer will wait for a first provisional
> > reply from UAS (commonly the 100 Trying), so OpenSer shouldn't generate a
> > CANCEL if fr_timer expries.
>
> You are right about the CANCEL. But then the question is about the "408
> Request Timeout" reply to the caller. When fr_timer expires, 408 reply
> is sent to the caller no matter if noisy_ctimer is set or not. Is this
> the correct behavior or not? I thought that it is correct, but in one of
>
> your previous posts you wrote:
> > if you don't set the noisy_timer then OpenSer won't send a CANCEL and
> > 408.

Ok, I understand you. I was wrong when I said that "408" depends on
noisy_ctimer parameter. Not at all.

408 should be sent to caller if fr_timer or fr_inv_timer expires, even if
noisy_ctimer is on or off.

> My testing shows that it generates 408 even if noisy_ctimer is off. But
> I only tested fr_timer. Why are you even asking me this question. In one
>
> of the previous posts you wrote:
> > Sorry, it's strange, I've tested now and OpenSer generates the CANCEL and
> > 408 even if "noisy_ctimer" is 0. I can sure that time ago I tryed it and
> > just generated them if that parameter wa set to 1. ¿?¿
>
> So, you tested fr_inv_timeout and OpenSER generated both 408 and CANCEL
> even if the noisy_ctimer parameter is off. If you confirm that CANCEL is
> sent even if noisy_ctimer is off then we need to open a bug report on
> the tracker.

Yes, ok, let me try it tomorrow again. If I say nothing please reminder me  ;)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es