[OpenSER-Users] no-answer timeout

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Feb 25 18:22:35 CET 2008

El Monday 25 February 2008 16:43:01 Anatoly Pidruchny escribió:
> Iñaki,
>
> Did you test fr_timer or fr_inv_timer? I just re-tested the fr_timer
> with the default noisy_ctimer (that is 0), and then with noisy_ctimer
> set to 1. In both cases OpenSER generated 408 reply to the caller, but
> did not generate CANCEL to the called party. May be, if you were testing
> fr_inv_timer, then OpenSER generated both 408 and CANCEL regardless of
> the setting of the noisy_ctimer. Should we open a bug report about this?

A UAC or proxy shouldn't generate a CANCEL if it hasn't receive a 100 Trying.
fr_timer is the time OpenSer will wait for a first provisional reply from UAS
(commonly the 100 Trying), so OpenSer shouldn't generate a CANCEL if fr_timer
expries.

BTW, the other case (100 Trwying is received but fr_inv_timer expires) then
OpenSer should generate a CANCEL just if noisy_ctimer is enabled:

1.3.7. noisy_ctimer (integer)
 If set, on FR timer INVITE transactions will be explicitly canceled if
possible, silently dropped otherwise. Preferably, it is turned off to allow
very long ringing. This behavior is overridden if a request is forked, or
some functionality explicitly turned it off for a transaction (like acc does
to avoid unaccounted transactions due to expired timer).
 Default value is 0 (false).

Do you say that it generates CANCEL even if that parameter is off?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es