[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] Survey for new mailing list

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 18 11:48:26 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> [..]
> Still to work on:
>     - should be one way mailing list (standard subscriber will only
> received without being able to post) ???
>     - who should push the update emails ??
>     - what is the lowest severity  to be pushed on the list - I guess
> docs /typos might not be considered fixes ;).

Hi Bogdan,

i think there exists some kind of standard for such a list that is expected
from users and followed from many other projects:

- list name "announce"
- low volume, a few posts a month, only really important content
- must be moderated to prevent spam and abuse

So, going into more detail, i suggest that we use this list to:

- announce minor releases
- announce critical fixes for branches (e.g. crashes for important modules)
- announce important other events (e.g. a major change in project focus,
  fundrasing efforts)
- the post will be written from the person who has done the fix
- the author can post the message first to the devel list, if he wants review
  or another opinions
- if some (non author) developer think that a certain thing should be
  announced, he needs to start a discussion about this on the devel list

Cheers,

Henning