[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER VS. SER

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 18 11:25:19 CET 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008, Ali Jawad wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone can state the most important differences
> between openSER and SER in terms of features. I am not very interested
> in CPU and RAM consumption I would like to know if there are any
> differences between the two servers in terms of functionality.

Hi Ali,

well, i'm a OpenSER developers so don't espect a well balanced reply from
me.. ;-)

But i think its generally accepted that OpenSER has a bigger feature set then
SER. You can check the module list [1] for OpenSER and SER [2] yourself, in
the wiki there is also a feature matrix [3] for OpenSER.

As both projects creates/ maintains a quite complex server system, its hard to
tell which project has "better" features. This depends mainly from your
requirements.

OpenSER is a good base for providing SIP services for me, and i think this is
also true for many other users here on the list.  Feel free to ask if you
have more questions in regards to a specific feature.

Cheers,

Henning

[1] http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/
[2] http://www.iptel.org/views/tableofmodules