[OpenSER-Users] openser 1.3.0 and presence module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Feb 17 01:33:10 CET 2008

El Jueves, 14 de Febrero de 2008, Sigrid Thijs escribió:
> Furthermore I noticed that sometimes, the presence NOTIFY requests do
> not contain a body.
> [...]
> Do you have any idea why a NOTIFY without body is sent?

RFC 3265:

3.1.6. Notifier SUBSCRIBE Behavior

  3.1.6.1. Initial SUBSCRIBE Transaction Processing
   [...]
   If the notifier cannot immediately create the subscription (e.g., it
   needs to wait for user input for authorization, or is acting for
   another node which is not currently reachable), or wishes to mask
   authorization policy, it will return a "202 Accepted" response.  This
   response indicates that the request has been received and understood,
   but does not necessarily imply that the subscription has been
   authorized yet.

  3.1.6.2. Confirmation of Subscription Creation/Refreshing
   [...]
   Upon successfully accepting or refreshing a subscription, notifiers
   MUST send a NOTIFY message immediately to communicate the current
   resource state to the subscriber.  This NOTIFY message is sent on the
   same dialog as created by the SUBSCRIBE response.  If the resource
   has no meaningful state at the time that the SUBSCRIBE message is
   processed, this NOTIFY message MAY contain an empty or neutral body.
   See section 3.2.2. for further details on NOTIFY message generation.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo