[OpenSER-Users] How to account INVITEs and not "200 OK"s?

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:04:33 CET 2008

> AFAIK that is impossible. OpenSer accounting in based in transactions, not in
> single messages. A transaction involves a reply (or various).
>
> BTW, how is possible "you can't need to wait for answer from other side"???

First of all - sorry for the mistake. My knowledge of English is rather poor.

We take accounting information (Acct-Session-Time) from Cisco CS2800
which provides us very reliable info about duration of calls. But
before call will be established there is some complex logic with
rewriting of Request-URI in multiple steps. We need to track all these
steps for our internal purposes.

We could do it in a different ways and one of them we consider is to
generate Start-messages (or some other  message) for each INVITE
passed though OpenSER exactly then INVITE is arrived.

--
With best regards!