[OpenSER-Users] Routing Problem "To Many Hops"

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 13 06:50:26 CET 2008

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 February 2008 16:19:38 Ali Jawad wrote:
>> Dear Inaki
>>
>> Thanks for your help..I had the if statements wrong..can you please help me
>> on how to send a 404 statement ?
>
> http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/sl.html
>
> But agian the same: Please, read the doc, read the cook-book, the
> pseudovariables page, the modules doc...

To be fair to Ali and all others in his predicament, OpenSER
documentation - as much as has been put into the effort - *is* rather
recondite and abstruse.  It provides a lot of specification on how to
accomplish particular tasks, but not really a whole lot of high-level
conceptual overview or theoretical introduction to the mechanics of the
engine, or why you would want to do various particular things.

OpenSER is wonderful, but it's one of the harder things to "get into" in
the open-source VoIP space because its documentation is rather lopsided
in this regard.

[And yes, I realise that such a gripe is best addressed by making a
thoughtful and original contribution to the effort - that's why there's
a wiki, right?]

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems