[OpenSER-Users] Routing Problem "To Many Hops"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Feb 12 16:21:20 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 16:12:14 Ali Jawad wrote:
> Thank you for your reply
>
> I commented out my section and replaced it with
>
>           if (does_uri_exist()) {   # The called number is a local user
>             if (lookup("location")) # The user is online
>             {
>          	 route(1);
>          	 exit;
>             }
>             else
>             {
>          	 route(2);
>          	 exit;
>             }
>           }
>
> Now if I call a PSTN number I get too many hops, and if I do a local call
> to a user online it does not ring at the other end. Thank you.

Ali, OpenSer scripting is not easy, you should read more doc and understand it
better before trying to do all your requeriments.

If a call does  "too many hops" it mean that you send it out (t_relay) without
chaning the RURI, so it comes back to OpenSer, again and again.

If you call a registered user and doesn't ring it's because the INVITE doesn't
arrive to the phone, does it? have you verified it? This is a low level
software, you cannot speak about "a phone doesn't ring", the question is:
does the INVITE arrive to the phone? you can test it with ngrep, for example.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es