[OpenSER-Users] TM-module and ACK to 2xx (doesnt terminate txn?)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Feb 12 13:03:34 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 12:18:15 Taisto Qvist wrote:
> t_check_trans() :
>
>  ACK request - true if the ACK is a local end-to-end ACK for an existent
> INVITE transaction.
>

>  To me, that sounds like a contradiction in terms, since there is
> (rfc-wise) no transaction left after 2xx has been proxied through

Good point. Hope there is a explanation of this behaviour.
In my opinion OpenSer does a special treatment for ACK in tm mode, even if
they are for failed transaction (hop-by-hop ACK's) or succesfull INVITE
(end-to-end ACK's).

> Then how long does the transaction live after 2xx has been forwarded?
> How come its implemented this way?

There is a specific timer in RFC 3261 for this purpose (if I'm not wrong).
Maybe OpenSer uses that timer to keep transaction info and during that time
matches the end-to-end ACK as part of the transaction (no very RFC of course,
but it seems to work).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo