[OpenSER-Users] Mediaproxy not working

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Feb 9 15:31:50 CET 2008

El Sábado, 9 de Febrero de 2008, Andy Smith escribió:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
>   yep I have ;)  Sorry my config is actually with start=yes, but Id gotten
> so frustrated I even tried running the mediaproxy portion on a seperate
> server with only the dispatcher on the OpenSER system (this made no
> difference to my problem). In my syslog I see both the dispatcher and the
> mediaproxy running, and the socket files are created. Sessions are even
> started per call as you'd expect but at the end of the call the mediaproxy
> summary (in syslog) states that it has forwarded 0 bytes/packets of data
> :((.
> So it seems the OpenSER mediaproxy module is correctly making the request
> to the dispatcher for a proxy session, but something is not updating the
> SIP IP and PORT to redirect the RTP via the proxy....

> Any ideas? There seems so little you can configure regarding this in the
> route that I feel at a dead end...

Have you set:
  modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/proxydispatcher.sock")

In case you are using MediaProxy en the same mechine be sure that both
mediaproxy and proxydispatche are running:

~$ ps -ef | grep -E "(proxydispatcher|mediaproxy)"
root     29794     1  0 Feb08 ?        00:00:00
python /usr/local/mediaproxy/mediaproxy.py
root     29797     1  0 Feb08 ?        00:00:00
python /usr/local/mediaproxy/proxydispatcher.py

Can you paste your syslog when doing a call?

~$ tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep -E "(proxydispatcher|mediaproxy)"

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo