[OpenSER-Users] CDRTool rating on test system (without PSTN) zero cost problem

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Sun Feb 3 19:17:15 CET 2008

Hi all,

im trying to "trick" CDRTool into rating calls when my OpenSER isnt actually routing anything to a PSTN, Im trying just putting the handset username as an internation number without the leading zera (ie 44208888888) but CDRTool is rating ever call as zero cost.

Maybe its something to do with this, from the CDRTool rating document:

"The rating logic checks if the TLD exists in the billing_enum_tlds table. If it does, the rating engine tries to match the regexp field against the username part of the destination from the ENUM response, which has been saved in the Canonical URI. The match must return a fully qualified E164 number otherwise the call is considered to have ended to a no E164 destination and the call will be free of charge."

What constitutes a fully qualified E164 number? 44208888888 at mydomain.com should be ok shouldnt it? I also tried
+44208888888 at mydomain.com also without any success...

Its quite furstrating cos I cant see the logic as its applied by the rating system which would explain how it reaches the zero cost
result. It is certainly looking at the calls as they are made as its logging info to the syslog saying so, eg:

Feb  1 16:11:39 server CDRTool[22869]: ShowPrice Id=94 Timestamp=1201882245 Duration=6 inputTraffic=0 outputTraffic=0 From=003 at domain.net To=44208888888 at domain.net Gateway=x.x.x.x Application=audio ENUMtld=
Feb  1 16:11:39 server CDRTool[10751]: Normalization done in 0 s, memory usage: 4.96 MB
Feb  1 16:11:39 server CDRTool[10751]: Unlock ser_radius:radacct

 Any ideas people?? Mediaproxy isnt actually required for billing is it? I understood it is optional for the documentation...??

    Thanks for any help! Andy.