[OpenSER-Users] Route calls to PSTN Gateway

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Feb 1 19:30:29 CET 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Ali Jawad wrote:
> I have successfully setup OpenSer with a mysql backend. I am able to
> make calls using sip phones between registered users. What I need to do
> know is routing calls that start with 00 to my PSTN gateway. But first I
> need to setup OpenSer to route calls to my PSTN ..!
> I am using OpenSer1.3 and I have checked sipwise.com but honestly I
> prefer changing my own config file.

Hi Ali,

sure, its always better to write your own config file that you full
understood, than base it on some templates. You could start with the default
config that is delivered with the server.

> But from sipwise.com I concluded that I need the config below
> But are the nathelper and mediaproxy compiled by default or do I have to
> recompile with special options ?

There is no need to recompile, the nathelper/ mediaproxy modules are installed
by default. But why do you think you need this modules at all? If you just
want to connect to PSTN, then there is no need for this modules. If you want
to use this modules, you need additional software as stated in the module
documentation.

> Other than that where do I set the IP of my PSTN gateway ?

You just need to rewrite the domain part of the R-URI to the IP of the
gateway, and send your message out with t_relay. You can do the rewriting
with pseudo-variables or the rewritehost function.

Cheers,

Henning