[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips is not running

J Santos jsantos5954 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 18:11:29 CET 2008

Hello,

I successfully installed opensips is a CentOS 64 bits. I borrowed the init
script from Fedora changing only the oser=/sbin/opensips.

I've made small changes to the opensips.cfg  to enable mysql.

When I

/etc/init.d/opensips start
Starting opensips:                                         [  OK  ]

But if I

 /etc/init.d/opensips stop
Stopping opensips:                                         [FAILED]

or

 ps ax | grep opensips
 8133 pts/3    S+     0:00 grep opensips

When I

 opensipsctl start

INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :

ERROR: PID file /var/run/opensips.pid does not exist -- OpenSIPS start
failed

There is no log file on var/log.

How can I check what's wrong ?

thanks