[OpenSIPS-Users] Error with Dialog module causing crash

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Dec 17 15:36:20 CET 2008

Hey all,I'm just adding my $0.02 as a USER here..

If you put in "fuzzy logic" to deal with broken clients, it makes it hard
for us  USERS who don't know much about the core of opensips to recognize
the problem and report a potential issue (to either the customer or to the
community).

I'd prefer if some broken UA send a message that the dialog module doesn't
like that it fail with a user readable message like "Failed to create/match
dialog. Malformed SIP Header Received"

Then I, as a user, know to look at the signaling for what's missing. Of
course, it would be ideal to specifically say what is missing. I think it's
more important to be able to easily troubleshoot broken clients than to
simply support every broken device out there.. :)

That's my input.. for what it's worth. :)
-Brett