[OpenSIPS-Users] radius SQL accounting of failed calls

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Dec 15 15:25:30 CET 2008

Ram,

Be sure to include the list in your reply, not only to me directly.

I¹m working towards the same goal you are, on CentOS 5.2 i386.  I installed
MySQL from RPMs, then unpacked cdrtool_6.6.10.tar.gz into /var/www per the
instructions.  I unpacked freeradius-server-2.1.3.tar.gz into a working area
(such as /usr/local/src).  I applied the
/var/www/CDRTool/contrib/freeradius-brandinger/freeradius_20080103.patch to
the freeradius source directory to allow the mysterious type-15 ³failed²
messages to me SQL-accounted.  I complied freeradius and installed it.

I downloaded unpacked radiusclient-ng-0.5.6.tar.gz, compiled and installed
it.

At this point for me the trick was to get the conflicting radius dictionary
attributes settled.  There were some conflicts from the freeradius-server
includes, the radiusclient-ng dictionary and the dictionary.ser included
with CDRTool.  I commented out all the freeradius-server vendor includes I
know I wouldn¹t need.  I ended up commenting out some of the RFCs at the top
as well; probably not smart but I did what I had to do.  I commented out a
few individual attributes (and maybe values) from the radiusclient-ng
dictionary file for things I felt wouldn¹t be needed by OpenSIPS.  So far,
so good.  It seems to me there should be an easier way, but I haven¹t found
it yet.

Now I have OpenSIPS accounting via radius, which is properly inserting and
updating records in MySQL.  The next step for me is to try the CDRTool
portion of it to see what that looks like, and make any accounting variable
adjustments in my opensips.cfg.

Hopefully you¹ll find this helpful.

- Jeff