[OpenSIPS-Users] radius accounting setup problems

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Dec 12 03:54:56 CET 2008

Hello,

I¹m attempting to convert from mysql DB accounting to radius accounting to
give CDRtool a try.  I installed Freeradius and radiusclient-ng from source
onto CentOS 5.2.

The INSTALL.txt file says to uncomment the radiusclient-ng/dictionary
include from OpenSIPS¹ dictionary.ser.  By doing that I caused many, many
attribute conflicts within Freeradius.  I resolved this by commenting out
some includes from Freeradius¹ main /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary
file, and many individual attributes in Freeradius¹ vendor/rfc/internal
files and some from radiusclient-ng¹s dictionary file.  I probably broke
more than I fixed.

My Freeradius raddb/sites-available/default file has been minimized to an
accounting section with ³sql² and ³detail² options.

None of the documentation I was able to find for acc + radius configuration
mentioned anything about radius attribute conflicts when integrating
radiusclient-ng.  Clearly I¹ve made a major error early on.  Versions are
Freeradius 2.1.3, radiusclient-ng 0.5.6, current OpenSIPS 1.4 SVN.  Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do this right?  (I have to use
Freeradius from source because I¹m not using the CentOS MySQL RPMs, and the
library file versions don¹t match up.)

As calls happen I am getting new rows in the radacct DB table (configured
according to CDRTool¹s INSTALL.txt).  Much of the data is missing, but I
don¹t have some of the radius_extra AVPs configured yet.  But, some of the
AVPs that I do have configured aren¹t showing any values either.  Before I
go diagnosing those, I think a complete reinstall with a new approach may be
in order.

Thanks,
Jeff