[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple registration

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sat Aug 9 14:51:11 CEST 2008

Hi David (again :)),

This is a kind of old problem. Coding is not an issue, but logically
speaking, it is :). When you deal with multiple contacts per AOR, what
should be the logic when limiting the number of records
    1) discard old ones?
    2) discard new ones?

if you do 1) (like yahoo does), it will be messy as you have no
mechanism to notify back a phone that it was unregistered (while
refusing a new registration is perfectly clean)

if you do 2) , there is the problem you mentioned - and belief me, there
is quite a common problem !

So, what you are looking is a way to have only one contact per AOR and
any new contact will override the existing one, right?