[OpenSER-Users] Openser ignoring SIP version in the Request Line

Aadilkhan Maniyar amaniyar at velankani.com
Tue Apr 22 14:43:11 CEST 2008

Hi,
When Openser receives a malformed INVITE with SIP version set to 10.0 in
the Request Line, it just processes it as a normal INVITE.
The Request Line of the INVITE message received looks like this:
INVITE sip:ua1 at domain.com SIP/10.0

According to RFC 3261, the Requests should contain SIP/2.0. Hence
Openser should drop this request with an appropriate 4xx reponse.
But this behavior is not seen.

Do I have to modify my openser.cfg for validating the above INVITE?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aadil