[OpenSER-Users] uaCSTA support in openser

Fri Apr 18 13:07:47 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen schrieb:
> Hugo Koblmueller writes:
>
>  > my goal is now to establish this telephony link to *. but as * doesn't
>  > understand SIP/CSTA, i thought of a box (e.g. my openSER box) which can do
>  > this uaCSTA to SIP translation.
>
> looks to me like a problem in pbx space, i.e., since new code is
> required, it would be better to write it in asterisk.  that would

I think this is the better approach. I have no clue about CSTA about to
me it sounds like having an CSTA<->AMI (Asterisk Manager Interface)
would be the way to go.

As openser is not dialog stateful, you can not send the status of the
SIP clients to the OCS - as openser does not know. Again, as Asterisk is
dialog statefull, Asterisk can.

regards
klaus