[OpenSER-Users] Avoid Loops between Openser and Asterisk

Cosimo Fadda cosimo.fadda at klarya.it
Sun Apr 13 19:19:58 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

Andreas Sikkema ha scritto
> Asterisk has all the redirection intelligence. When OpenSER detects
> that a user is offline it replies with some 4xx error message,
> Asterisk detects that, goes "ooh, user is offline, let's see what i
> have to do in this case" and does it's thing.
Not very sure that Asterisk has all the redirection intelligence, in
particular if the SIP users are not registered on Asterisk the variable
Dialstatus gives you the 'state' of the proxy rather than the user; I
mean there is a difference between this two cases:
Dial(SIP/alice,,)
Dial(SIP/PROXY-1/alice,,}
where in the first case alice is registered with Asterisk, in the second
is regisered with Proxy-1.
Dial() returns DIALSTATUS=CONGESTION for pretty much every call setup
problem; there is also no way to look at a SIP response in the dialplan,
even though you can see every other SIP header with
${SIP_HEADER(<header_name>) you cannot see and treat accordingly the
actual response code.
So, in my opinion is better to put the intelligence on Openser rather
than on Asterisk,

Regards,

Cosimo