[OpenSER-Users] Missing or unsupported event header field value - presence woes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:17:45 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 04/08/08 21:39, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> I am at Interop HotStage in Belmont, CA trying to deploy a 'unified communication' situation to demonstrate for the Interop Vegas show here in a few weeks. I am in charge of the OpenSER/Asterisk components and presence is giving me a huge headache.
>

>> Apr 8 11:34:12 openser openser[23798]:
>> ERROR:presence:handle_subscribe: Missing or unsupported event header
>> field value Apr 8 11:34:12 openser openser[23798]:
>> ERROR:presence:handle_subscribe: ^Ievent= message-summary

the above error message means that you try to handle an unsupported
presence event. The subscribe is sent for MWI in this specific case, so
it should be forwarded to Asterisk if you keep the voicemails there.

The presence_xml module is able to handle the events presence and
presence.winfo. The presence module is the common framework for the
other presence_* modules.

There is presence_mwi that should be able to handle the event
'message-summary'. However, if you don't get the presence working for
two x-lite softphones, the error is somewhere else -- the above message
does not affect the SIMPLE status presence part.

The 'tab' is printed from the C sources, in the debug message, it is not
the cause for the issue.

You have to watch the SIP traffic and see if the SUBSCRIBEs and
PUBLISHes are replied properly. Then check if after a PUBLISH a NOTIFY
is issued.

Cheers,
Daniel

http://www.asipto.com