[OpenSER-Users] [openser 1.3] loading module auth.so stop my server (bug?!)

Pascal Maugeri pascal.maugeri1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:05:13 CEST 2008

I'm still troubleshooting this issue and this morning I added more outputs
in the source code of auth_mod.c. And I discovered:

1) when I set the configuration parameter "secret" of the module auth
(modparam("auth", "secret", "secretphrase) ) in openser.cfg everything works
fine !

2) when I remove the configuration parameter "secret", the auth_mod.c calls
the method generate_random_secret() as stated in the documentation. It
enters in the loop

        for(i = 0; i < RAND_SECRET_LEN; i++) {
                LM_INFO("(3a)\n");
                sec_rand[i] = 32 + (int)(95.0 * rand() / (RAND_MAX + 1.0));
        }
        LM_INFO("(4)\n");

but never exit ! This is the reason why my server does not start and keeps
blocked there. I modified the code above to print more logs, I can see in
the logs the string (3a) once but I never (4): IMHO it is blocked somewhere
in the first random computation.

I'm running openser on Redhat Enterprise v4.

Is there anything else I should configure in my environment ? Or I found a
bug ?

Regards,
Pascal