[OpenSER-Users] PUA/PUA_MI: More than one Publish sent

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Tue Apr 1 10:31:37 CEST 2008

Dear Anca

Thank you for the response.

The publication of more than one message in your described scenario I
understand. In my case, immediately after the first PUBLISH is sent, a
second one is sent afterwards. OpenSER does not use the most recent etag
for an update, but creates a new one, that is never been removed
automatically. If I send an expires=0 message after the publication,
only the first published etag is removed.

Here my publication script:
   #!/bin/bash
   # FIFO command to PUBLISH hard-presence state of user via PUA
   #

   #config values
   OP_SYSUSER="alice at 10.96.115.129"
   OP_SIPURI="sip:$OP_SYSUSER"
   OP_STATE="open"
   OP_EXPIRES="-1"

  #build reply fifo file
  rm -f /tmp/openser_fifo_reply
  mkfifo /tmp/openser_fifo_reply
  cat /tmp/openser_fifo_reply&

  cat >/tmp/openser_fifo <<EOF
  :pua_publish:openser_fifo_reply
  $OP_SIPURI
  $OP_EXPIRES
  presence
  application/pidf+xml
  .
  <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><presence
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf'
xmlns:dm='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model'
xmlns:rpid='urn:ietf:params:x    ml:ns:pidf:rpid'
xmlns:c='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:cipid'  ntity='$OP_SIPURI'><tuple
Har    d-State</rpid:user-input></tuple><dm:person
id='0jfqoiet'><rpid:activities><rpid:unknown/></rpid:activities><dm:note
>Hard-State</dm:note></dm:person></presence>
  EOF

And my expires script:
   #!/bin/bash
   # FIFO command to PUBLISH hard-presence state of user via PUA
   #

   #config values
   OP_SYSUSER="alice at 10.96.115.129"
   OP_SIPURI="sip:$OP_SYSUSER"
   OP_STATE="closed"
   OP_EXPIRES="0"

  #build reply fifo file
  rm -f /tmp/openser_fifo_reply
  mkfifo /tmp/openser_fifo_reply
  cat /tmp/openser_fifo_reply&

  cat >/tmp/openser_fifo <<EOF
  :pua_publish:openser_fifo_reply
  $OP_SIPURI
  $OP_EXPIRES
  presence
  application/pidf+xml
  .
  <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><presence
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf'
xmlns:dm='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model'
xmlns:rpid='urn:ietf:params:x    ml:ns:pidf:rpid'
xmlns:c='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:cipid'  ntity='$OP_SIPURI'><tuple
Har    d-State</rpid:user-input></tuple><dm:person
id='0jfqoiet'><rpid:activities><rpid:unknown/></rpid:activities><dm:note
> ard-State</dm:note></dm:person></presence>

  EOF

I start first publish, then expire, then publish again and so on.

The following etags are created normally:
e.g. a.1207041424.4027.1.0
a.1207041424.4027.3.0
a.1207041424.4027.5.0

At some point, another one is created together with the "normal" one,
e.g. a.1207041424.4027.7.0 and a.1207041424.4027.8.0

The expires only removed the a.1207041424.4027.7.0 (all odd numbers).
The published one with the even number stays forever.

I don't know what can be the reason. Here my OpenSER configuration file
extract from pua module:
 modparam("pua", "db_url",
"mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser")
 modparam("pua", "db_table", "pua")