[OpenSER-Users] Re: No sound

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Sun Sep 23 15:04:54 CEST 2007

The OpenSER web site Wiki has a little information about these two products.

They both work and I've used them both.  They both have advantages and
disadvantages that have been discussed on the mailing list.  Don't want
to rehash that topic.

You can probably find a lot of good discussion about this on the mailing
lists.  The mailing list archives are now searchable at:
http://www.nabble.com/OpenSER---the-Open-Source-SIP-Server-f26014.html

In reference to compiling, mediaproxy is written in python and does not
require any compilation (however, you to need to have python installed
on your system).  rtpproxy is written in c and will require
recompilation.  An apt-cache search of both products returned no results
on my debian system.

Since both products live outside of OpenSER, there is no need to "start
over".  You just have to pick the product to use and install it.

Regards,
Norm

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php