[OpenSER-Users] Unregister a user when not responding to SIP pings

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Thu Sep 20 13:48:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

i do not see any problem here: What we do on our systems, is to catch a
local "408 Request timeout" in Failure-Route in case the user did not
properly unregister. We've set the timeout for request with no
provisional to some acceptable value (e.g. like 5 seconds) and that's
totally ok for us.
I don't know, why a CPE should be unregistered, just because it did not
reply to a NAT-Ping.
I've seen multiple phone not properly replying to NAT-Pings, so for my
point of view this would cause many problems.

Carsten