[OpenSER-Users] append_hf() and failure_route issue

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Tue Sep 11 13:16:17 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble with failure routes and custom SIP headers.

In FAILURE_ROUTE I set the ruri to a new destination. This destination needs a
custom SIP header. When I add a SIP header with append_hf() (from within the
failure_route), this header is correctly sent to the first IP of the
destination on t_relay().

However, when this destination fails with 503 or timeout, the built-in DNS
based failover doesn't add the custom SIP header to the new requests for
subsequent IP's.

When the SIP header is added from REQUEST_ROUTE the header is sent to all
destinations by the DNS based failover mechanism.

How do I get the DNS based failover to send my SIP headers all the time?

(The same problem is present with uac_auth())

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann