[OpenSER-Users] Limiting maximum simultaneous calls per user

Sebastian Mangelkramer openser at mangelkramer.com
Wed Sep 5 18:34:22 CEST 2007

Am 05.09.2007 um 18:15 schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:

> El Wednesday 05 September 2007 18:11:40 Sebastian Mangelkramer
> escribió:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> actually I'm searching for a solution to limit the max. simultaneous
>> calls per user.
>> I`ve searched the internet and list-archives for possible solutions.
>> But until now i haven`t found a solution.
>>
>> What i exactly need is to define the max. simultaneous calls per user
>> (e.g. 2,4,6,8,...).
>> I know, that openSER is transaction-stateful, not call-stateful but
>

>> is there a way
>> to monitor the number of RTP-Sessions per user from Mediaproxy and
>> set the
>> "max_calls"-variable via an AVP?
>
> Sure not since the reason you gave above ;)

:-)

> I don't know a solution, but what about using the dialog module for
> that?
> With that you can know how man calls are active (note that a died
> call with no
> BYE is still considered as active <= OpenSer not call-stateful).
> You could
> parse the result of the command about the active calls in order to
> find
> the "From" and count them.

I know that openSER is only "transaction stateful", not "call
stateful" and i thought the dialog-module works only global.
But parsing the output for "From" could be a solution. That`s a good
idea.
I`ll try that tonight.

> But I think a more solid solution could be using a B2BUA.

Perhaps i could use Asterisk with mySQL-views to the subscriber-table
of openSER and
create "virtual" peers in asterisk with a "call-limit" from the
subscriber-table.

Kind regards,

Sebastian.