[OpenSER-Users] Cluster Setup / openser location table entries "gone"

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:54:41 CET 2007

Brandon Armstead wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
>     This issue has now been fixed, it was due to a difference of
> timezones from our main cluster, and the new server added to the
> cluster, thus causing it to "expire" usrloc locations.  Issue is
> resolved and lesson of the day is -- timezones do matter :).

The same happened to me some time ago and it was rather difficult to
debug. In our case, the timezones were fine but one clock was running
several minutes behind. This had the effect that some phones got
unregistered for half a minute or so.

It turned out that our ubuntu installations did only do an NTP sync at
boot time. So, in addition to "timezones do matter" one should always
setup an NTP daemon on all proxies in a cluster.

/Christian