[OpenSER-Users] record_route_preset with dynamic external IP address

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 25 18:12:25 CEST 2007

Richard,

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Richard Bennett wrote:

> Is the answer that I need not be doing a record-route at all, as all packets
> will pass over the proxy anyway due to the UAC module, or is there some way
> to use records-route-preset with dynamic ip addresses?

   It seems to me that if the internal UACs use the internal UAS address
as their registration endpoint and outbound proxy (which, for example,
phones are going to do), the traffic is going to flow over it regardless,
much as the case would be with say, an Asterisk server.  The internal UAs
would have no knowledge of outside world reachability except by way of
messages passed to it by OpenSER.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems