[OpenSER-Users] [Users] new MediaProxy release 1.8.2

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Tue Oct 23 04:00:34 CEST 2007

From: http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/INSTALL:

Note:
In the current version of MediaProxy (1.7.2), the python-mysqldb module
should be installed on all mediaproxy nodes even if they don't make use of
MySQL access, but instead pass the information back to the dispatcher.
If the python-mysqldb module is not installed, no media session information
will be sent to the proxy dispatcher and no accounting will be done.
Even if accounting is disabled, mediaproxy/proxydispatcher will write an
error message to syslog about accounting being enabled but not available
because the accounting module is missing. This error message is inaccurate
and it means in fact that the python-mysqldb is not installed.

This is a known issue which is a leftover from an older implementation and
will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
Norm