[OpenSER-Users] case sensitivity with avp_db_load

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Mon Oct 22 17:58:57 CEST 2007

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Christian Schlatter schrieb:
>> Jiri Kuthan wrote:

>>> sometimes it is christian at domain.com, sometimes
>>> christian.schlatter at domain.com,
>>> sometimes it is christian.schlatter at .domain.org or even worse you can
>>> take your spouses'
>>> name and from day D you begin to be christian.blair at domain.org, and
>>> your company
>>> gets acquired and you become christian.blair at oracle.com. (Which
>>> clients without
>>> DNS/SRV can try to reach as christian.blair at sip.oracle.com, and those
>>> who pay
>>> extra respect to you using capital letters as
>>> Christian.Blair at sip.oracle.com)
>>>
>>> The implication to sanity of data in usrloc, accounting and other
>>> tables is immense
>>> if you don't bring those to a common denominator. Any change to any
>>> name becomes
>>> a real pain. The point is names do changes, use of numbers is
>>> designed to make
>>> relations between tables invariable.
>>
>> Ok, this makes sense e.g. for foreign key relationships, but isn't
>> this more of a database specific thing? We are using our university's
>> LDAP based identity management system to manage SIP accounts, and
>> openser accesses this system directly through H.350. Our assumption is
>> that the SIP proxy shouldn't care about identity management at all, so
>> it doesn't care if it is christian.blair at domain.org or
>> christian.blair at oracle.com.
>
> Hi Christian!
>
> Is LDAP case sensitive?

Hi Klaus,

This depends on the LDAP matching rule in use. E.g. for H.350
SIPIdentitySIPURI the matching rule is 'caseExactMatch' which means that
SIP URI lookups are done case sensitive.

SIPIdentitySIPURI is further described at
http://metric.it.uab.edu/vnet/cookbook/v2.1/node140.html#SECTION07316100000000000000

/Christian