[OpenSER-Users] Manipulation of the From header username

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:30:09 CEST 2007

SIP version 1 (2543) used From header to identify the dialog so it's not
recommended to change the From header to be backwards compatible (is there
any RFC 2543 SIP endpoint around??...).
SIP Version 2 (RFC 3261) uses tags to identify dialogs so you should be able
to change the FRom header except the tag.

Recently there was an
RFC 4916 that specifies how to identify the connected identity and how
to make a change in the From but I think this is far beyond what you
are trying to achieve.

There are additional headers (Remote_PartyID, and related) that can be used
to specify an identify of the calling party..

nice theory,

Sam.