[OpenSER-Users] case sensitivity with avp_db_load

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 19 12:10:59 CEST 2007

On 10/19/07 11:09, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Juha Heinanen wrote:
>> Klaus Darilion writes:
>>
>>  > Yes it is postgres but AFAIK SQL queries are per default always
>> case  > sensitive.
>>
>> if i remember correctly, this does not hold for mysql = operator.
>
> You are right. I've tested it and mysql indeed compares case
> insensitive. In postgresql you have to use ILIKE for case insensitive
> string comparison.
>
> Any ideas how we can make this consistent for openser?
I am not sure if previously proposed solution is good (to set a
parameter and convert all queries to upper/lower case). There will be a
lot of impact in the source code and some fields should not changed,
some should. As the standards say the addresses are case insensitive, a
solution has to be found, just that is not a straight one. Perhaps, the
quickest one is to be able to set in postgres module what operator to be
used for string comparison, although is not the cleanest one.

Cheers,
Daniel