[OpenSER-Users] "max_contacts", 1 and EI_R_TOO_MANY

Jarkko Nevala jarkko.nevala at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:43:13 CEST 2007

In OpenSER 1.2.0 EI_R_TOO_MANY has been defined by default as "Too many
registered contacts" in modules/registrar/reply.c. This message is quite
enough for me, but in which occations does UA get this message?

I have modparam("registrar", "max_contacts", 1) in my configuration and
every time I try to register another client with a username that allready
has an AOR in locations table, I get response "503 Service Unavailable", not
"503 Too many registered contacts".

How should I modify reply.c to get "Too many registered contacts" when I
have, well, too many registered contacts? I found this thread from the
mailinglist http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openser.org/msg10796.html, but
I do not think it really helps me, because the value of EI_R_TOO_MANY does
not seem to effect the the response the second UA gets from the OpenSER.

thank you
JN