[OpenSER-Users] Usrloc lookup ad parallel forking

Edoardo Serra eserra at exsorsa.it
Mon Oct 15 09:29:47 CEST 2007

Hi Bogdan,
	a very dirty workaround could be disabling the memory cache of usrloc
module (db_mode = 3) and implement a MySQL trigger to verify if the user
is 'allowed' to register more than 1 client. If the user is not allowed
the trigger can block the insert or remove the second registration.

Do you think it's gonna work ? Apart from the performance impact...

A clean solution would be implement a 'max_contacts' parameter on a
per-user basis that can be looked up in the underlying authenticaion module.

Another useful feature would be adding a registrar parameter to be used
in conjunction with max_contacts to define if an 'extra' registration
should be allowed (deleting one of the existing, ordered by Q value or
by time if desc_time_order is set) or rejected (as now)

What do you think about it ?

Tnx in advance

Regards