[OpenSER-Users] UAC module parameters

CB kjcsb at xnet.co.nz
Sun Oct 14 08:31:50 CEST 2007

I am trying to understand the relationship between the various module
parameters for the uac module.

Imagine I want to authenticate on a proxy user different credentials in
different situations. The credential module parameter allows specification
of the username, realm and password. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that
I can have multiple of these specified for various realms:

modparam("uac","credential","user1:realm1:pw1")

modparam("uac","credential","user2:realm2:pw2")

According to the documentation, "This parameter is required if UAC
authentication is used." What then is the purpose of the auth_realm_avp,
auth_username_avp  and auth_password_avp module parameters? Do they replace
the credential parameter or are they for something different?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Cameron