[OpenSER-Users] AVPs and PostgreSQL data types.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 12 19:10:52 CEST 2007

Greetings,

I have a problem passing AVPs to stored procedures (or in other SQL
contexts) that require an integer argument.  It is not a show-stopper,
it just throws a warning:

     0(6535) PG[get_columns]: Unhandled data type column
    (my_stored_proc) OID (869), defaulting to STRING

This results from something like:

     avp_db_query("SELECT my_stored_proc($avp(S:my_avp))");

Now, $avp(S:my_avp) is a numerical value, so it does end up working.
However, because AVPs are not natively "typed" as numerical or string
values in a way that is represented at the Postgres layer of the avpops
implementation, evidently, this situation arises.

Is there any way to fix this?  I have tried using CAST() in the SQL
statement, but that did not appear to help.

Thanks,

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems