[OpenSER-Users] [wiki] Adding page about SIP devices supporting presence PUBLISH

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Oct 8 09:43:25 CEST 2007

El Friday 05 October 2007 14:21:41 Juha Heinanen escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  > In order to avoid this issue it could be nice to query a BD table
>  > looking for the "User-Agent" and just exec "pua_set_publish()" if the
>  > device doesn't support presence PUBLISH.
>
> why cannot methods field of usrloc table be used?

I don't understand what you mean. "methods" field in "usrloc" table just means
allowed receiving methods for that the device, but not which methods it can
generate.

For example, Twinkle 1.1 that support presence sends this "Allow" header:

Allow: INVITE,ACK,BYE,CANCEL,OPTIONS,PRACK,REFER,NOTIFY,SUBSCRIBE,INFO,MESSAGE

And Linksys PAP2, that doesn't support presence, sends this one:

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER

Maybe devices which send PUBLISH allow always a received SUBSCRIBE, but
having "SUBSCRIBE" in "Allow" header dones't mean supporting PUBLISH. Does
it?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo