[OpenSER-Users] OpensSer Release Name

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 26 16:03:48 CET 2007

Although it is easy for me, Romanian words are quite hard to pronounce.
The idea to have a rule for naming, can be good, as some long
discussions can be avoided each time. If there are going to be romanians
names, then some romanian shall select them, otherwise there might be
words with origins in other languages (e.g., Walter got only one
romanian name 'Dracula' :-) )

However, I am of the opinion that number versioning still do the job the
best, and subscribe to the group that want numbers as primary for
versioning. Promoting mainly the named versioning may add confusions
with subversions (patch releases), order of releases... Otherwise, the
name can be selected from any language, I would go anyhow for something
easy to pronounce in English, giving the target...

On 11/26/07 16:30, Norman Brandinger wrote:
> I agree with keeping with the Romanian History / Heritage.
>
> As a hiker / climber, I would suggest the peaks:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountain_peaks_in_Romania

I would suggest rivers :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rivers_of_Romania

Cheers,