[OpenSER-Users] record_route() for responses

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Nov 17 23:26:17 CET 2007

El Viernes, 16 de Noviembre de 2007, Juha Heinanen escribió:

> this particular problem is easy to avoid in sip ua by configuring it to
> always use your sip proxy as its outbound proxy.

For example, Twinkle softphone has the option:
  "[X] Send in-dialog request to proxy"

> defining an outbound
> proxy should imply that the ua refuses to talk with anybody else.

Sure of that? does this behaviour appear in any RFC and so?
I agree with you, but sincerely I'm not sure if most vendors interpret the
same for the "outbound proxy" concept.

IMHO there should be some security options in any good SIP device:

- [X] "Allow incomings calls just from proxy"
It could involves a DNS query for incoming calls since the IP can change,
humm... Anyway Linksys device have this option.

- [X] "Send in-dialog request to proxy"
Even if there are not RR headers, in-dialog request should be sent to our
proxy.

- [X] "Use outbound proxy"
This option could involve the second option ("Send in-dialog request to
proxy").

Unfortunatelly most of SIP devices have no all those options.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo