[OpenSER-Users] save("location") not saving in openser 1.3

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Fri Nov 16 03:32:19 CET 2007

Any one interested in helping with OpenSER 1.3?
Compiled openser 1.3 from svn, installed new test db from 1.3 svn db scripts
(tables should have right structure).
when a phone tries to register it hits this script section.

        if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
                xlog("L_INFO", "user didn't send credentials: f-uri <$fu>
r-uri <$ru>\n");
                www_challenge("", "0");
                exit;
        };
        xlog("L_INFO", "user registered: f-uri <$fu>\n");
        save("location");
        exit;

nothing is actually saving in location table.
I sometimes get extra messages in the log file:

      core:db_print_set: Error in snprintf
      usrloc:db_update_ucontact: updating database failed
      usrloc:wb_timer: updating contact in db failed

I am able to use openserctl, from the openser server with all the same db
setting as the openser.cfg file has, to make changes so It "can't" be
permissions.
It is able to verify with the www_authorize that we should save it.
just not able to do the actual save.

I'm using mysql 5.x (which is also serving up the production openser
1.2-svnserver with a diff db) and openser -V renders:

version: openser 1.3.0-pre1-notls (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM,
SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
svnrevision: unknown
@(#) $Id: main.c 3015 2007-11-05 13:08:50Z henningw $
main.c compiled on 14:57:42 Nov  5 2007 with gcc 4.1.1

Thanks

Dave