[OpenSER-Users] [OT] Nortel CS2000 and "RPID" / "P-Asserted-Identity"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Nov 14 12:41:52 CET 2007

Hi, I need to send SIP traffic from my OpenSer to a Nortel CS2000 (SIP_2_PSTN
gateway).

I have a bad new: the provider tells me that they set the callerid with
the "From" I send.
I've asked them to support "RPID" or "P-Asserted-Identity" headers (still
waiting for a reply).

In case I can only use "From" I can modify it with UAC module, but I also know
this is very anti-RFC3261 behaviour.

Does anyone know if Nortel CS2000 can use "RPID" or "P-Asserted-Identity" to
set the PSTN calling number?

What do you think about changing From header? for example:
  200 at domain.com  ->  00123223223234 at IP

Thanks for any response.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo