[OpenSER-Users] Using Carrierroute - Weighted fail over instead of percentage groups...

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Nov 14 09:48:44 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Kyle Stone wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to have weighted failover groups
> instead of % balanced groups..
>
> In Example:
>

> domain register {
>    prefix 011 {
>      max_targets = 2
>       target int.domain.com {
>          hash_index = 1
>          status = 1
>          comment = "Try me first.."
>       }
>       target int2.domain.com {
>          hash_index = 2
>          status = 1
>          comment = "Try me second.."
>       }
>    }
> }
>

> And if the one with the lowest hash_index responds with a
> 5XX/6XX/Temporary etc error, send the call to the next highest
> hash_index, before looking for a shorter prefix?

Hi Essobi,

the distribution with the hash index was introduced to support load balancing.
If you partition your database according this hash index, then its not
possible to simply go to another target.

If you want failover, just go in the failure_route in the script to the next
domain. Then you should have something like "weighted failover groups". Look
in the example in the documentation:

http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/devel/carrierroute.html#AEN560

Cheers,

Henning