[OpenSER-Users] Forking Madness

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Nov 3 07:38:59 CET 2007

Chris Heiser writes:

 > if 123 and 456 are registered endpoints, how do I influence their q
 > value?

it may be possible for the user to configure their q value.  if not, set
default q value to be for example 0.5.

 > And lets complicate things more,  what if I wanted to call 123 first, then
 > my cell, then 123 again?

your first 123 would use its registered q value, cell would have
permanent registration with higher q value and then you would add second
permanent registration for 123 with still higher q value.  that would
cause the whole thing to start again though.

but it is not a good idea to have a long chain without actually
answering the phone because the caller's phone or openser may timeout
the transaction.  for longer chains you need to use a call center style
application that you can implement, for example, using sems.

 > Would I solve all this by adding permanent registrations that point back
 > to OpenSER for registered endpoints, etc...?  So a user would have a bunch
 > of permanent registrations with decreasing q values that point into
 > OpenSER, PSTN gateway, Voicemail, etc...?

that is a possibility.

-- juha