[OpenSER-Users] Forking Madness

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Nov 2 19:46:18 CET 2007

Chris Heiser writes:

 > Call comes in for user A:
 >    - Use avp_db_load to find that user A wants to parallel fork to 123 and 456
 >    - Call to 123 fails because there's no registration
 >    - Call to 456 times out
 >
 >    == At this point we serial fork to the next step which might hbe
 >      - Just call my cell
 >
 > What's unclear to me is how to actually achieve this logic.  I mean,
 > getting the initial parallel fork is quite simple using avp_pushto.

you can add permanent registrations for the aor of the user pointing to
123, 456 and your mobile number.  just make sure that q value of the mobile
is lower that q value of 123 and 456.

 > Comments?  Ideas?  Thoughts?  Am I totally insane?  Should I be using a
 > specific module for this?

you should be able to accomplish the above this using lcr modules's
load_contacts()/next_contacts() functions.

-- juha