[OpenSER-Users] Set up two SIP to PSTN calls and then connect them

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Nov 2 12:04:45 CET 2007

Right. The problem with the Refer is that not all UAs support it
correctly (at least the last time I tried, which - I have to admit - was
a year ago), and it might be tricky to account it correctly.

With the SEMS solution, there are two separate invites which are
authenticated using the user you pass to the script, so it's easy to
account it on OpenSER and it doesn't depend on the help of the UAs. But
you have to set up SEMS, which adds another external dependency to your
system, as Bogdan points out.

On the other hand, if you already use Asterisk, you can also use that
one to implement click2dial (a quick google check shows there are some
scripts available).

Andreas