[Users] branch parameter in ACK set to zero?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu May 31 11:55:57 CEST 2007

Hi Tim,

As I suspected, it is empty branch is triggered by a bogus SIP flow. The
ACK generated by the caller device is bogus as the TO uri is different
than the TO in INVITE.
Also the caller device does use branch at all in VIA and forces openser
to do pre-RFC3261 transaction matching with involves the TO uri.
As the log show, the ACK does not match any transaction:
    DEBUG: t_lookup_request: start searching: hash=11223, isACK=1
    DEBUG: proceeding to pre-RFC3261 transaction matching
    DEBUG: t_lookup_request: no transaction found

So, the ACK is forwarded as stateless request - for this case, there is
complicated alg for computing the branch param based on the branch
params from the previous VIA headers. But the previous VIA is bogus (no
branch at all) and openser finds itself in the impossibility to compute
a branch for its VIA.

regards,
bogdan