[Users] Not able to add users

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 25 12:45:13 CEST 2007

On Freitag, 25. Mai 2007, kiran.bkumar at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions, but even after checking all this I am
> still not able to add users :(
>
> I have listed what all I have done below,

> 1. Got the source code by svn
>
> 2. did a make all and make install
>
> 3. Installed database using mysqldb.sh script from openser/scripts
> directory
>
> 4. changed openserctlrc which is there in the same directory
> openser/scripts
>
> 5. changed openser.cfg which is there is openser/etc/
>
> 6. I am able to start openser using this cfg file,

Hello Kiran,

if you have done "make install", you should be able to use the system wide
installed openser scripts and config files.

> 7. when I add fifo="/tmp/openser_fifo", the openser does not restart
> (says bad config file)

The error message in from the openserctl tool is obselete, the right parameter
are:

loadmodule "mi_fifo.so" (adapt the path)
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")

I'll fix the message later.

You'll find these parameters also in the example config and the openser
documentation wiki in the "openser cookbook".

> 8. try to add users using openserctl, it says, no database engine loaded

Have you add the mysql module to your openser config? Do you get error
messages from the database in the log?

Henning