[Users] Handling refer method with a device which does not support it

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:08:33 CEST 2007

Hi everybody.

We are trying to integrate a telephony platform based on Openser 1.2.0, with
a Class-4 third party softswitch which does not support REFER method.
Provider asks to us to change this method within Openser to INVITE method,
so that the softswitch does not have to handle REFER but INVITE messages-

Does somebody have any idea how to do that? We still think that solution is
weird and difficult (and tricky), but, might be we are wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help and attention.

Sergio Gutiérrez
EPM Telecomunicaciones S.A. E.S.P.
Medellín Colombia-