[Users] rtpproxy redundancy

Ovidiu Sas sip.nslu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:22:55 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel,

1) Multiple Load Balanced rtpproxy servers
nathelper/rtpproxy has load balancing support (multiple rtpproxy via udp)
see: http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/nathelper.html#AEN131

2) Voice path fail over
not supported yet ...

With your approach, openser/nathelper will setup an rtp session on the
active rtpproxy (using the HA IP).  The master rtpproxy will need to
be modified to update the slave rtpproxy with the mirrored rtp session
(update = create,keep_alive,destroy rtp sessions).

If you want openser to keep track of both rtpproxy servers (master and
slave), then you will need to modify both openser and rtpproxy and
distribute the intelligence ... I think this approach is more
complicated ...

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas